Terms & Conditions
- We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time at our discretion. We may do so for technical or legal reasons, or because the needs of our business have changed. You agree that if you do not accept any amendment to our Terms then you shall immediately stop accessing and/or using the Site. Updated Terms will be effective as soon as they are accessible. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them.
- The Site allows organisers of networking events (an Event Organiser) to create a listing for their event (an Event) and allows all other users to search for and review the Events. Prompt Business Networking Limited does not host any Events itself.
- For the purposes of these Terms, you means any user of the Site, including but not limited to an Event Organiser.
- If you wish to review an Event, or become an Event Organiser on the Site, you need to register at the Site. You should provide full details when prompted to do so, including details of your name, email address and geographical address. Further details for registration of Event Organisers are set out at Condition 7 below.
- When you register with the Site you can create a username and password. You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential and you are responsible for any activity under your account. Please take precautions to protect your password and contact us immediately by email at at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe there has been any unauthorised use of your account.
Event Organisers and Events
- If you wish to register at the Site as an Event Organiser, you must live in the United Kingdom, be at least 18 years old, be legally able to enter into a contract and if you are registering on behalf of a company or other organisation, you must be entitled to represent that company or other organisation. You must provide us with accurate information that relates to you and not to any third party. If there is any change to the information that you provide to us, you must immediately update your Prompt Business Networking Limited account. At our request, you shall promptly provide written evidence of the validity of information that you provide to us.
- A registered Event Organiser may (a) upload to the Site details of an Event; (b) if the Event is already featured on the Site, amend the details of the Event [or remove the Event from the Site].
- Event Organisers warrant that nothing in the content that they upload to the Site shall infringe our Acceptable Use Policy. Event Organisers hereby grant to Prompt Business Networking Limited the worldwide, royalty free, sub-licensable and transferable right and licence in perpetuity to publish the content that they upload to the Site for any business purpose of Prompt Business Networking Limited.
- You acknowledge and agree that we cannot reasonably verify the accuracy of all information provided by an Event Organiser. Accordingly, Prompt Business Networking Limited does not make any representation or warranty (a) as to the ability, competence, or quality of a Event Organiser, or its Events; and/or (b) that the information provided by a Event Organiser is true, accurate, current and/or complete. It is up to each user to satisfy itself that the Event is appropriate and suitable for its requirements.
- An Event Organiser who has a current registration on the Site may link to any page of the Site that features their Event, but shall not suggest that Prompt Business Networking Limited endorses such Event Organiser and/or Event. In particular, an Event Organiser shall not pledge the credit of Prompt Business Networking Limited in any way and not describe itself as agent for or hold itself out as having any authority to contract or enter into any legally binding commitment on behalf of Prompt Business Networking Limited.
- The Event Organiser must host all Events with all reasonable skill and care, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations (including health and safety laws) and in any event, in accordance with good industry practice. In particular, the Event Organiser should obtain and maintain appropriate liability insurance to cover damage caused to third party property and in respect of personal injury and death at the Event. The Event Organiser must provide a copy of its insurance policy at the request of Prompt Business Networking Limited. The Event Organiser shall indemnify and keep indemnified Prompt Business Networking Limited from and against all costs, claims, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities that Prompt Business Networking Limited may suffer or incur from or in relation to any claim in respect of the Event Organiser’s acts or omissions either in relation to the Site and/or an Event.
- In order to promote a listing for an Event within the Site listings, the Event Organiser can pay a fee as set out here [link to promotion fee page]. If any instalment of the subscription fee is not paid by the due date, Prompt Business Networking Limited shall be entitled to suspend the promotion of the Event within the Site listings.
- A user who has attended an Event may leave a review of the Event on the Site. Reviews must be honest and must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. We reserve the right to consider and edit any review before adding it to the Site and can remove or edit reviews at any time, but Prompt Business Networking Limited cannot reasonably verify the accuracy of each review. Accordingly, Prompt Business Networking Limited is not responsible for any mistakes, defamation, omissions, or for any infringement of intellectual property rights by any review. If you consider that any review is defamatory of you or any individual, or infringes your rights or an individual’s rights in any way, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Use of the Site
- The Site is made available for your own use. The Site must not be used for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. When you use the Site you must comply with all applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to try to gain unauthorised access to the Site or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Site and/or reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble all or part of the Site save to the extent expressly permitted by law not capable of lawful exclusion.
- The copyright in all material contained in the Site including all information, data, text, images and software is owned by or licensed to Prompt Business Networking Limited (Content). All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of the Content for your own use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Content without our permission. When we write content relating to an Event, we take reasonable care to make sure that such content is accurate and up to date, but the content is for information only and you should make further enquiries if you intend to register and/or attend an Event.
- The Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites and we are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or their availability or content.
- We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Site. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the Site, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not Prompt Business Networking Limited, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the advertiser.
Liability and disclaimer – Your attention is particularly drawn to these provisions
- You acknowledge and agree that (a) the Event Organiser and not Prompt Business Networking Limited is responsible for all content that they upload relating to an Event and for the Event itself; (b) the user who posted a review and not Prompt Business Networking Limited is responsible for the content of any such review.
- Use of the Site is at your own risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” basis. If you are not satisfied with this Site, or these Terms, your only remedy is to stop using the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the Site whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise are excluded.
- Prompt Business Networking Limited will not be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Site, for any (a) economic loss (including loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); (b) loss of reputation and/or goodwill; (c) loss or corruption of data or information; (d) the costs of procuring alternative or replacement services; or (e) special or indirect or consequential loss even if advised of the possibility of such losses.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability that cannot be excluded by English law.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to make the Site available to you at all times. However, there may be occasions when access to the Site may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. We shall have no liability to you for such interruptions.
- We reserve the right to remove any content or features from the Site for any reason, and/or to suspend or cease providing any services relating to the Site without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
Termination or Suspension
- We may suspend or delete your account if (a) you have breached any provision of these Terms in particular for a Customer, in relation to payment of fees; (b) we cannot verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; (c) you fail to respond promptly to an enquiry through Prompt Business Networking Limited; and/or (d) we determine that your conduct could damage our reputation.
- If your account is terminated (a) you must cease to use the Site; (b) you may not re-register under a different name.
- In these Terms (a) headings are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation; (b) words in the singular include the plural; and (c) including means including but not limited to.
- If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- We may assign or otherwise transfer our rights and obligations in terms of these Terms to third parties.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.