How your information is collected
In the course of using Prompt Business Networking Events, either just to browse and review events or organise and advertise you or your companies’ event(s), personal information will be collected about you. Often, supplying us with this data is optional, but in order to perform certain activities and allow us to provide you with services the collection of personal information is required e.g. creating an account requires the collection of an email address to verify that account. The below section details the ways in which your data is collected and explains why.
When users visit Prompt Business Networking Events their traffic is monitored using third party services such as Google Analytics and AddThis. These third party services use standard internet log information and cookies to track your usage of our site. This information is used to help us understand how users interact with the content on our site, how many new / returning users visit our site, and how to improve the user experience of our pages and services. This information is processed in such a way that doesn’t allow us (Prompt Business Networking Events) or the third parties to identify any individual being monitored; instead it is only used to view trends and usage using anonymous data.
Another third party used on our site, Google AdSense, is used to deliver advertisements to the user on specific pages. This service, similar to the above, uses standard internet log information and cookies but uses this data to deliver personalised and relevant advertisements. Personalised advertisements can be disabled easily however, by following this simple guide. The information collected by Google AdSense is also processed in such a way that we are unable to identify any individuals using our site.
When registering an account on Prompt Business Networking Events certain personal information is required in order to give you a personalised and secure account. This personal information includes:
- Email address
- Used as a unique identifier for your account.
- Used to contact you with legitimate queries such as forgot password requests, billing statements, and contact request made on your event listings.
- First / Last name
- Used to address the individual that created the account.
- Used to verify the validity of the account.
- Company name
- Used on claimed / created events to show which company is organising the displayed event.
- About your company
- Used on claimed / created events to tell users details about your organisation.
Registering an account on Prompt Business Networking is optional. Only if you wish to review, claim, or create an event is an account required. By registering for an account and agreeing with our terms of service, you agree to us processing that data for the aforementioned reasons.
A subscription is the agreement to a monthly fee to receive ‘featured organiser’ features for your Prompt Business Networking account. Subscriptions are optional and only apply to event organisers. Additional personal information is required in order for us to maintain a subscription with your account. This additional information is shared with a trusted third party payment provider, Stripe, which handles the processing of card details. This additional personal information includes:
- Billing address
- Used by the payment provider in conjunction with card details provided to verify that the real owner of the card is creating the subscription.
- Card details
- Used by the payment provider to make charges according to the agreed subscription plan.
Only the billing address and last 4 digits of the card number are accessible to us (Prompt Business Networking), this information is only used to help you identify the active subscription within your account management.
Newsletters and email marketing
When registering, there is no need to opt in or out of email marketing as Prompt Business Networking does not carry out this kind of marketing. When registering an account and giving us consent to process your email address, you only agree to legitimate contact from us. This legitimate contact includes things such as forgot password requests, billing statements, and contact requests made on your events.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to access the personal information that we have stored about you. If you wish to access this data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and allow up to 1 month after your identity has been confirmed to receive your requested data.
Retaining your personal information
We only retain user information for 26 months since their last account activity. Accounts that have been inactive 2 years will receive an email asking if they would like us to keep their information for a further 2 years, if the user declines or no response is heard for 2 months the account will be deleted along with any stored personal information.
Keeping your information secure
At Prompt Business Networking we aim to keep all private and personal information secure to the best of our ability. We employ protective measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser but will not let a website know any personal data about you, such as your name and/or address. These files are then used by websites to identify when users revisit that website.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access).
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure).
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification).
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object).
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’. This means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing).
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
This policy is on a planned renewal schedule. Prompt Business Networking plans to new this policy every 6 month (next planned renewal November 2018) or after major update to the website. This is to ensure that you’re informed of any changes to what data we keep or how we’re using it.
How to contact us
If you have any concerns, questions, or complaints, please feel free to contact us through our contact us page.
Last updated: 28/05/2018